Sunday, September 16, 2012

DIY: homemade bubbles!!!

i know ready-made bubbles are cheap these days... but nothing beats the fun of preparing the solution first, the trial-and-error part where you try to make the solution work, and the actual play! :-) since we've spend our long weekends in my in-laws my mind had been acting crazy thinking for things to do while there...and just in time i saw some gumamela flowers and the rest... well, here's the rest.... :D
what you'll need:
gumamela flowers
soap
(adding a little shampoo will help!)(we used powder that time but i remember using bareta years ago)water
container
papaya stalks


crush the gumamela flowers... i still used the good ol' pamato (rock) to pound my gumamela... you really have to make sure it's well pounded and all slimy, otherwise your solution will have some problem....
mix everything (gumamela, water, soap/shampoo) together in a container. then that's it, have your fingers crossed that the solution prepared will not disappoint you... hehe :D

i swear we've been making really nice solution before... my mind's telling me that i tried to Ctrl+S the secret to make it really work but my memory's really awful these days... :-( i swear i'll have this figured out by the time Pao can help me already hehe... :D


as usual, it's the adults who enjoyed blowing the bubbles and the babies were just contented with trying to burst them...oh the sight of awe in their eyes... really nice! :-)  

33 comments:

  1. I used to do this when I was a kid.
    Oh...I miss my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dami ko pang gustong maremember na laro and will definitely play it with my boy... :-)

      Delete
  2. Childhood days. I like you DIY! :) Yay! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw my 3-year old daughter playing with bubbles this day. But she made it by herself using dishwashing liquid and yeah it actually works and she had some fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also done this as a kid...the I just resorted to dissolved detergents since I can't always find hibiscus flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but dissolved detergents are good enough actually! the gumamela is supposed to make it easier to create more bubbles at one blow... our little playtime here failed that though... il figure out what went wrong... hehehe thanks aileen! :-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, naalala ko nun bata ako. Ngaun wala na ko makitang gumamela. Sayang gusto din ito maexperience ng anak ko. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thank you for this, marami pa ding gumamela samin, I'm thinking to try this soon with my toddler. I'm a new follower of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nakakatuwa naman that you still know the step by step procedure! And how I miss childhood days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe actually i think i missed something... kasi i remember it was really easy to produce a lot of bubbles in one go with what we were doing before... i cant remember the most important step or ingredient... :-(

      Delete
  8. Blast from the past. Thanks for sharing your resourcefulness... Going back to basics (which is almost all natural) is like going back to greatness... Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I never thought that Gumamela can made such awesome things. Thanks for sharing.

    Visiting from CommEx Sept18.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i knew gumamela makes bubbles but havent tried it yet since i dont know how, and now i know! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard about this recipe for making bubbles. Not sure if it's easy to find the flower that you mentioned. I normally just buy bubble solution from the store when the kids want to ply with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post brings back a lot of memories. cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nakakamiss ang ganitong klaseng bubbles. Uso na kasi ung nabibili sa mga stores. I used to do this but instead of papaya stalk I used kamoteng kahoy leaves stalk.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nostalgic! I did this when I was younger! Hahahaha! Thanks for posting this DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did this too when I was a kid. My friends from the neighborhood would gather together after collating the ingredients and we would all concoct our bubbles. Then we would go to a roof and have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! childhood memories flash back! We love doing this when I was grade 1 hahahaha :) cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice idea. I will do this one of these days when the nephew visits.

    ReplyDelete
  18. BUBBLES!

    I still enjoy playing with it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember doing this when I was a kid! haha.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I remember doing this when I was a kid! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used to do this before with my cousins especially during summer vacation. In my grannies house they have lot of gumamelas.
    -daddy allan (visit from BCB 9/24)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i remember my childhood days. we made some of this bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I used to do this when I was a kid! Wala pa nun bubble solutions so we do it from scratch. Now, they have all sorts of bubble machine na

    ReplyDelete