Thursday, July 12, 2012

happy that babyboo's loving books too!

i've been building up a stash of children's books (mostly pre-loved) for my boy hoping that he too would learn to love books... and feel that it can take you to different places and time too! :-) despite all the digi-books, i still love the feel of real pages flipped and the smell of aging paper just enhances imagination further (adik ba? hehehe)

we were occasionally reading books to him and he would always end up not really listening but grabbing the book and wanting to flip the pages on his own (which he still unable to...) kaya last night was really a 'mommy's-teary-eyed-sa-tuwa-dahil-baby-made-her-proud' moment when he grabbed a book and gestured that he'd be seated on my lap and we'll read the book together without the grabbing... :-) 

i posted this in my FB account:
"proud sweet paomoment tonight... part of his pre-bedtime routine is to pull out all his books and flashcards and create a mess on the floor.... but tonight, after creating the mess, he picked The Three Billy Goats Gruff and asked to be seated on my lap... i read him the book and for the first time he was not trying to grab it from me, he just sat there and listen and touch the photos... :D may kasama pang tawa na kakaiba hehehe :-) ♥♥♥"

just an old reading/book-grabbing session photo kasi my camera was not within reach during last night's happy reading session.... :-)

24 comments:

  1. aww..so cute! :) I remember my childhood days tuloy.. :) I used to read books when I was his age rin.. nakuha rin ng mom ko yung photos ko with books dati. hehehe :D so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. he really pays attention on the reading session
    your baby is so delightful to see

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to your kiddo! :D My mom must've felt the same way you did when I was little. HAHAH :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey pao! once upon a time! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. The feeling you get from holding a book and actually turning real pages can't be replaced with ebooks. You are passing your love of books on to your son..That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww that is such a touching story... there is nothing more beautiful than a very heart felt connection between mother and child..

    followed you thru gfc :-) I think your wedding and the ciudad shoot was the time I was too lazy to show up..hehe Too bad I missed it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... my baby loves bedtime reading, too! Such a special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iniisip ko kung pano kaya maka-caught in the act palagi ang milestone moments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i feel you :) ang saya ko rin everytime i find my son flipping the pages of his books :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOw old is he now? Looking forward to that day too when my youngest can learn to sit still when I read him books. Right now he's like a kiti-kiti, always roaming around. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice when kids learn to love books at an early age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this..never to early to start reading to your kids

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, we have to start them young, so they would be able to enjoy the books when they grow older.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They'll have their moments so we just need to be patient with them. I love reading also so i'm trying to do the same thing with my kids.

    Keep it up. ;-)

    http://stagemomandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is great for Pao to start to love books... never got to infect my kiddo with this! Go! Go! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great that your baby is loving the books. make sure to read them books and stories to continue their likeness with the books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Proud mommy moment no sis! Ako din I feel so happy and overwhelmed pag nakikita ko first hand ang milestones ng aking mga anak.. It's really wise that we document them well with blogs or other media.. para pag laki nila makita nila how much we cherish them./. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That would be great that at his early age he already loves book. I bought my son's first book when he was three months. He loves looking at the photos kasi. Now he really love books. At night he will ask me to read the books. I am glad his birthday gifts are mostly books. I even bought educational posters and post them all inside our bedroom and on his yaya's room. Now at 25 months, he knows ABC, colors, shapes, animals, fruits and can count from 1-20. Like you, I'm a proud mommy too.

    Mommy Maye (http://momayes.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want my kids to love reading too. I already ask my fellow mommies over Twitter on how to make kids love reading. My daughter is 3, she don't read yet. She told me to invest on books and tell stories for her every night while pointing to each words. I will be doing that soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How cute!
    My daughter loves books, too, even though she can't read yet. And I love seeing her browsing books, and "read" aloud, as if she can really. :))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Reading books to my children when they were still babies is probably one of the best things I've done for them as a parent. Doing so has instilled in them a love for reading. Now my four-year-old can read the books by herself and can tell her own stories. Do continue to read to your baby and when he grabs and turns the pages, just let him do so. They're more of visual readers now and would rather look, feel, and touch than listen to the entire story. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. At his age, the best books for him are board books, preferably those that are tactile/touch and feel books. Great job for exposing your child to reading as early as now. :D

    ReplyDelete