Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Fort Pilar (Our Lady of the Pilar Shrine, Zamboanga City)

9th church stop. (i'm still struggling to complete my Visita Iglesia series despite Holy Week's 1week ago already hehe). Fort Pilar is my go-to church here in Zamboanga (UP Chapel's the one for me in Manila)... here's where i pray for my heart's wishes and say my super duper thank you's to Him. :-) basta it's my serenity place... 
this is the only outdoor Catholic church in Zamboanga. These concrete pews and those plants underneath it, it's been there for as long as I can remember... I remember back when we were kids, me and my sister would play on the leaves while the mass is on-going (typical kids hehehe)... we play-pretend it can tell us how much blood we have (???) haha! we would press one leaf on our arm then check on how much portion of the leaf darkened... less darkening means you're anemic and an almost darkened leaf means you're highblood! hahaha my gash! where did that come from?!?!?! hahaha

some more photos after the jump. Please click "Read more".



purpled look of the church... very lent.
i would like to end this post with this pine tree... it's still alive! i wish digital cameras existed before already... i could have taken photos of the tree's transformation over the years... i remember the bird house (doves actually) was on this tree before it was transferred near the entrance... we always sit on the other side of the church so I always have a good view of this tree... it had seen me grow... :-)


---------------------------------
Our Lady of the Pilar Shrine (Fort Pilar)
Rio Hondo, Zamboanga City
Visita Iglesia Zamboanga
April 21, 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment