Saturday, April 7, 2012

Holy Trinity Parish (Pasonanca, Zamboanga City)

3rd church stop. This was my first time to see the Pasonanca church both from the out and inside... i guess i never get to pass by this part of Pasonanca before, or if i did i always miss out their church... 

out of the 10churches we visited this was my no.1 fave... i love how it looks simple from the outside...

 and i was awed by all the lines and high ceiling inside. :-)


more photos after the jump. Please click "Read more"



bronzed cross against a grayish bricked wall... very simple but nice.

The image of Jesus in the cross doesn't look like the usual crucified Christ. Instead, it looks like the risen Lord already. This reminded me of the 2-sided cross in UP Diliman's Chapel (one side's the crucified Christ, and on the other side's the risen Christ).

and the face is more than Jesus'. My guess... it's their image of the Holy Trinity (?). I wonder who conceptualized this. I've tried to search the net but can't seem to find anything... hmn, another assignment for me the next time I'll visit the church.


stained glass on top of the cross on the church's altar.


this is the only turnoff on the church's structure. this is the view once you enter the church's main entrance. a lower ceiling which blocks the view of the high wall of the altar. you can not see the cross and the stained glass from this point.


big shell for the holy water...
one side of the entrance is a wall for the donors.






--------------------------
Holy Trinity Parish Church
Pasonanca, Zamboanga City
Visita Iglesia Zamboanga
April 21, 2011

1 comment:

  1. I never got in this church too. now I know what's in. :D

    ReplyDelete